Monday, August 01, 2005

yanno what i hate?!?!

i reeeeeally hate it when people ring and i pick up the phone and in my oh so pleasant telephone voice say "hello" like most people do when they answer the phone. and the person at the other end goes "lucy?" (my mum) all demanding like. not "hello, is lucy there", or even "hello, is that lucy?"

i deal with this in 2 ways, depending on my mood. if i'm in a good mood, the amount it pisses me off only takes my mood to the average level and i may say "no, its natalie, i'll get mum for you". or if i'm already in an average mood the amount it pisses me off puts me in a bad-ish mood and i say "no" - no explaination, no nothing, just no.

and its always her family that does that too, you'd think they be able to tell us apart since i know who they are the minute they utter a word. the golden one was yesterday though when my cousin who i haven't spoken to in about 7 years rang.

{me} hello (all pleasant like)
{her} who's this? (rude bitch)
{me} natalie, i live here... who are you?

now her friends aren't as bad. they at least acknowledge that they know its me. but then they never say hello or how are you or anything which i still think is rude. its usually "oh nat, put your mum on". even joseph's friends are more polite than that. they usually say "hi nat its ___, how are you?" blah blah long enough for me to say good how are you and then they ask is joe there. its just proper phone etiquette.

is it just me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home