Monday, April 11, 2005

the nat wagon...

i'm guilty, i'll admit it! i've been mistreating the nat wagon and she paid me back.

i should explain... the first car i ever owned was a white toyota camry which became 'the nat mobile'. it even had it written on the back windscreen. since i had to get rid of that car -sniff- my parents donated mums old, rather larger verada to become my very own. it has now been dubbed 'the nat wagon'.

allow me to set the scene. its saturday, the couple i'm house sitting for are due to arrive home around 5:30-ish. i'm meant to be at work till 5pm. i still have to drive the 20-or-more mins to the house from work, pack, tidy up, get ready (in true female style) for a 21st, do the update thing/key swap with the couple and be back at mum and dads by 6pm. it was SO not gonna happen. so i organise to leave work at 4pm to give myself a bit more of a chance. i've got my keys in hand. i'm all excited, run out the door, jump in the nat wagon, go to start her up and nothing.. nada... zip... not a damn thing. doors were all shut properly, interior lights weren't on... what tha!

luckily a NRMA car drives right by, i run - lets just repeat that - I RUN up the street and catch it at the corner
[me] excuse me my car just needs a jump start, i'm running really late. can you help me its just there (point the 20m down the road)
[stupid mean nrma guy] i'm on my way to another call, i can't.
[me] it would take 2 minutes, please
[SMNG] there should be another guy coming up behind me... flag him down (drives off nearly running over my foot)

i'm running back down the street when a really nice couple that used to come into the store scream "nat is that you? your back?" my oh so polite reply "yeah i am can you help me! do you have your car i need a jump start" not "oh yes, how are you. so nice to see you. say, would you mind giving me a hand if its not too much trouble i seem to be in a spot of trouble... ol chap". so the husband walks all the way over to carlingford court to get his car and bring it to mine to give me a jump start, and then have to try find parking at carlingford village (impossible). so the car is running and he can't find why it was flat in the first place either. off i run screaming thank you's over and over till they are out of earshot.

make it to the house, thankfully L & B aren't standing on the doorstep bags in hand waiting for me to open the door. i run in, get ready, pack, tidy... i'm all ready to go and sitting on the couch explaining to dad on the phone that they won't be too much longer and to just leave without me if its a problem. no no he says, they'll wait. L & B arrive home, all the necessary goss was shared and off i run explaining i'm very late.

i've got my keys in hand, i'm all excited, run out the door, jump in the nat wagon, go to start her up and nothing.. nada... zip... not a damn thing.
"G$#@#^N M&$%^R F%$*^R... B, can you give me a jump start?". B comes over to my car,
{B} "whats wrong"
{me} i dunno, it did this before and we couldn't figure it out
{b} your headlights are on *flicks switch*
{me} riiiiiight

so poor B runs around the neighborhood looking for jumper leads, meanwhile i've rung dad to say i'm running even later and he was not a happy camper! B comes back, we hook up the leads and thats when the nat wagon told me exactly what she thought of me and the way i let her go flat twice. her alarm went absolutely nuts. i couldn't turn it off because the car didn't have enough power to run the signal and we couldn't give the car power cos the alarm would go off any time i turned the ignition on.

so i rang my dad to come pick me up and abandoned the nat wagon until the next day.

i know, i'm a shocking mother. meanwhile i could see how annoyed dad was and didn't want to annoy him further with my stupidity and found myself lying right to his face without even batting an eyelash while i told him i drove home from work without a problem. usually i make a point of never lying and its a damn good thing to cos i'm so bloody good at it!... but i promise this was all true!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home