Saturday, January 28, 2006

you must be so proud!

i've been teasing my mum for years about being stupid. I've never really thought she was... you rarely believe what you are saying when you are teasing someone. yesterday... i realised i've actually been right all these years.

I was teasing mum again and i must have said "thats because you're stupid"... her reply floored me.

{mum} "i am not stupid, i mastered meter parking today"
{me} "what?? meter parking? you're talking about putting a coin in a machine? that's your accomplishment?!?!"
{mum} "well i read the instructions, i put my dollar in and i remembered to put the ticket in the window"
{me} "are you serious?"

and it gets better

{mum} "and today i remembered where i parked at coles... and i got my ticket validated"
{me} "this is your argument?... "

the scary thing is, a) she was completely serious and b) she is in charge of children. i'm guessing her kids at school actually teach her more than she teaches them. I should give HER a report card at the end of each semester:
getting yourself dressed each morning - B
remembering where you parked - A

2 Comments:

Blogger Bernie said...

Well hi there...
Now what about an 'A' for bring you up into such a nice person??
'A' for teaching you how to make yummy... (dunno about this one, but I am told they are) cheescakes???
And finally, what about an 'A' for teaching you to say exactly what your thinking???
But, then again, you never mince your words do you???
Oh, by the way, I am going to have another 'hair party' except this time, there will not be any hair left to party with!!!
Happy New Year too by the way.
B

8:12 am  
Blogger nat said...

well if you guys think i'm a nice person than ok she can have that A (although she calls me a little bitch so i don't think she'll agree with you)... but she didn't teach me to make cheesecake and i don't credit my... um... 'outspoken' nature to her.

oooOOooo another hair party... are we invited? you know its not a party unless i'm there!

1:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home