Saturday, April 23, 2005

3 strikes you're out!

i've said in the past that you need at least 3 bad things to go wrong before you can officially call a night out a bad night. tonight... i had a BAD night.

it started out great, my hair decided to be perfect (which was extra good cos i was about to see my old hairdresser who wouldn't give me layers saying that 'it wouldn't work'), my make-up was nice, i felt good in my outfit... and dad had just made me a killer (in a good way) pizza for dinner.

so i'm driving down james ruse drive to turn right on windsor rd (sorry to all those who don't have a clue, just pay attention to the lanes etc) i'm in the left lane which breaks of into 2 lanes to turn right over the bridge, and the other 2 lanes go under the bridge. well the speed limit is 90 and i pass a ute doing about 60. just as the lanes separate to go over/under bridge the idiot SPEEDS UP (even though he is at least 10m behind me now) from the middle lane and cuts infront/beside me to go over the bridge. i had to change lanes quickly to avoid an accident. THEN we turn the corner, i'm in the left lane and he is in the right and i'm about half a car length behind him. he decides to make a left hand turn from the right lane into a service station, once again cutting straight in front of me and blocking my lane completely. i slammed on the breaks and on the horn at the same time and he stopped, and i stopped about an inch from him. then he just drives into the station and does a u-turn to go in the opposite direction on windsor rd. meanwhile i'm shaking at the prospect of dying. not necessarily from the accident but the wrath i'd cop from dad. its lucky we had only just turned the corner and i wasn't even doing 50 yet otherwise i wouldn't have been able to stop. - strike one!

i make it to the RSL in one piece and meet up with my "friends". back story to this one is the friendship has felt weird for a while now. they didn't attend my farewell drinks before i went overseas and blew me off the day we were meant to get together when i got back. but both times had good reasons so i wasn't sure if it was circumstantial or the friendship was just over. oh and they had been getting together for the last 3 weeks but not ringing me. then i got a random message out of the blue saying they were all going to the RSL. i went to find answers and well its pretty clear now! we made polite chit chat as though we'd known each other for a week and there were a few awkward silences. i ended up asking what was up and heard snippits of a sentence containing the words 'different - grew apart - no reason'. rightio then. so i went home at 11pm on a saturday night officially minus 2 friends. - strike two!!

as previously mentioned dad made pizza. well with the left over pizza doe the italians roll it out thin, fry it and sprinkle it with sugar. this is by far the best thing about making pizza. on the drive home i was looking forward to the left over doe and when i got home, i saw the people mum had over for dinner carrying (in slow motion) my precious fried doe on a cling film covered plate to the car. the deliciousness i desired was disappearing before my eyes. i smiled and waved goodbye and once they were safely gone.. turned on my "poor" mother.
[me] "why did you give them ALL of it?"
[mum] "i knew if it was here i'd eat it"
[me] "BUT WHAT ABOUT ME???"
[mum] *blank look*... "i didn't want to eat it"
[me] "you wouldn't have to, I wanted to eat it!!!"
[mum] "i didn't think about you... but wasn't it yummy sam?"

STRIKE THREE!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

tải nhạc chuông miễn phí lớn nhất, hàng nghìn bài nhạc chuông độc đáo dành cho tất cả các dòng máy

6:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home