Wednesday, March 23, 2005

welcome to my family

its been an interesting day for funny encounters with the family. (ok i'll admit, they may not be that funny for you but since i haven't seen my family for the last 5 months, it made me smile)

my dad came home early to try and register the car and go to the dentist.

*actually lets pause for a little back story. when i got home (a week ago) i realised my dad had either shrunk, or i got taller. so i was teasing him about being short (as you do) and told him that when americans asked me what my dad was like i said 'short but cute', and mum 'acts like a 2 yr old' ... back to the story

so we went to the shop together and on the way the usual conversation of how he has done this and that and that for me blah blah blah, spent so much money blah blah blah came up. the registration on the car he just gave me is going to be like $500 or something and because i have no money, he has to pay it for now. i told him to add it to the list of what i owe him and he began his tirade again.

{dad} 'i put a new motor in this car, it cost me -blah blah-, new brakes, new -enter stuff i don't remember here-'.

i started my tirade back at him...

{me} 'i know dad, i appreciate it i do. i know you do a lot for us you don't have to, how many other people would be given a car 2 days after they come back for nothing. i told you already that i told everyone in america that i had the best dad in the world'


{dad - outta nowhere} 'yeah, cept i'm short and dumpy'

{me - dying of laughter} 'cute dad, it was short and cute!'

then it was my brothers turn. he rang at about 5pm to ask what i was doing tonight... (he NEVER does that)

{joe} hey, what are you doing tonight *see i told you i wasn't lying*
{nat} coming over to bring you your money *i owed him some*
{joe} awe cool, you wanna come for dinner? i'm cooking a roast
{nat} i'm cooking a roast, you guys come here
{joe} whats yours
{nat} pork... whats yours
{joe} pork
{nat} mines already in the oven
{joe} but mines already in the oven too... i've got sweet potato
{nat} i've got 2 types of sweet potato
{joe} damn you
{nat} woohoo i win!

3 hours later.... i walk into his apartment, the roast is sitting on the bench waiting for his girlfriend

{joe} check out my roast
{nat} mine was better than yours

the third and final exchange takes place between my mum and i. i just had my haircut today and i have to say i've never liked a haircut so much. for years i've been wanting layers and my hairdresser (actually a friend of mine so we will love her unconditionally anyway) said i shouldn't do it because my hair is fine etc etc.. when i went to this new lady today i said i wanted some movement and she goes 'lets put layers in' woohoo!!!! she just scored 10 points. so i've been flicking and swishing my hair all over the place all day, tossing my head like i'm some kinda charlies angel. well my mum comes home and i'm like:

{me} look at my hair, look at my hair
{mum} wow
{me} no mum look *swish, flick, toss*
{mum} yeah its nice
{me} i look so pretty (i can say that, it was only to my mum)
{mum} as long as you think so nat (^^aparently i can't)
{me} =O
{mum} *laughing hysterically*
{me} thats it! forgetting how to spell my name, telling me i'm ugly... you are no longer my mother!... DDDDAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDD!!
{mum} *still laughing* awe sweetie pieeeeee
{me} *swish, flick, toss*

i guess i only have myself to blame. i taught her how to be that mean.
excuse me
*flick*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home